What does it mean for people to enjoy well-being? Well-Being of People is both how people feel about their lives and how long they are likely to live. Health, security, prosperity, sense of connection, and purpose all play a role in well-being.
Other Interesting Measures
PEOPLE’S PERCEPTION OF THEIR WELLBEING
- Cantril’s ladder: percent of people with hope (percent of people with higher scores than current or scores 8 or higher in 5 years). Source: Civis Survey.
- Cantril’s ladder item for Financial Security. Source: Civis Survey.
- In general, how would you rate your physical health? Source: Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS).
- In general, how would you rate your mental health, including your mood and your ability to think? Source: PROMIS.
- How often do you get the social and emotional support you need? Source: BRFSS.
- How strongly do you agree with this statement? “I lead a purposeful and meaningful life.” Source: Short Flourishing Scale.