Demographics in Idaho
Demographics describe different qualities, real or socially constructed, of people and places. They help us to understand population patterns based on groupings of people by a common characteristic.
What is the racial and ethnic distribution of Idaho?
About this measure: The ACS adheres to definitions of race and ethnicity set forth by the 1997 Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards. These categories are based on self-identification and are "not an attempt to define race biologically, anthropologically, or genetically," according to the Census Bureau.
According to the OMB standards, the category of "Hispanic" maps to the concept of ethnicity, not race. A person who identifies as Hispanic may be of any race or combination of races.
Data source: American Community Survey, Table DP05.
What is the median age of Idaho residents?
How many Idaho residents do not speak English well?
Data source: This measure is based on the American Community Survey, Table B16004. LiveStories calculated the sum of the categories "Speak English not well" and "Speak English not at all," then divided the sum by the total population age 5 and over to yield a percentage value.
What is the highest level of education attained by Idaho residents 25 years and older?
About this measure: Educational attainment refers to the highest grade level or degree that an individual has completed. The data shown here only includes the population age 25 and over.
Data source: American Community Survey, Table S1501.
What percent of Idaho residents live in urban areas?
How many civilians in Idaho are veterans?
How many Idaho residents have a disability?
Other Interesting Measures
• Male, female, transgender, other. Source: Adaptation of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health data standards, 100MLives Well-being Assessment.
• Have you ever served on active duty in the United States Armed Forces, either in the regular military or in the National Guard or Reserves? Yes/No. Source: HHS Office of Minority Health data standards.
Yes/no to following questions:
• Are you deaf or do you have serious difficulty hearing?
• Are you blind or do you have serious difficulty seeing, even when wearing glasses?
• Because of a physical, mental, or emotional condition, do you have serious difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions? (5 years old or older)
• Do you have serious difficulty walking or climbing stairs? (5 years old or older)
• Do you have difficulty dressing or bathing? (5 years old or older)
• Because of a physical, mental, or emotional condition, do you have difficulty doing errands alone such as visiting a doctor's office or shopping? (15 years old or older).
Source: HHS Office of Minority Health data standards, https://minorityhealth.hhs. gov/omh/browse.aspx?lvl=3&lvlid=53.
Which of the following best describes you?
• heterosexual (straight)
• gay or lesbian
• not sure.