What does it mean for people and communities to have a food and agriculture system that promotes well-being? It means that people have access to healthy food. “Access” means that healthy food is both available and affordable. A food and agriculture system that promotes well-being also means that people choose to eat healthily. Food can help communities come together and be part of creating a sustainable and healthy regional economy.
Other Interesting Measures
- Number of fast-food restaurants per 10,000 residents. Source: Datafiniti.
- Percent of adults with obesity (BMI 30+). Source: CDC, BRFSS.
- Number of times per week (or % of meals) that household eats outside the home. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, Statista.
- Percent of adults consuming <5 servings of fruit/veg per day. Source: CDC.
- Percent of adults with diabetes. Source: CDC.
- Average Number of times during the past 30 days adults drank regular soda or pop that contained sugar (do not include diet soda or diet pop). Source: BRFSS Sugar-Sweetened Beverage (SSB) Module.